The list of top grossing actors (and actresses) of 2017 have been released. The calculations are based on actors’ gross annual global ticket sales from the beginning of the year to Boxing Day (December 26).
Vin Diesel tops the list at $1.6 billion!
Vin just beat out Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson by 0.1 billion ($100 million).
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson placed second with $1.5 billion!
The Fast and Furious starts (Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson) brought in a combined incredible $1.6 billion in global ticket sales for the recent Fast and Furious movie (The Fate of the Furious). It makes us wonder what’s in store for the future for the Fast and Furious brand. Obviously people are still interested, let’s see if the stars can keep their feuds behind them and if they can move forward.
Placing 3rd and the top woman on the list is Wonder Woman’s Gal Gadot with $1.4 billion.
Wonder Woman wasn’t as highly anticipated as many of the other movies in 2017 but once it hit the box office, it really took off and become a fan (and box office) favourite.
Just after Gal, we have another female – Emma Watson placing 4th with $1.3 billion.
The Beauty and the Beast live action movie was a huge hit and success, it’s no surprise we see Emma on this list.
And number 5 goes to… Johnny Depp! Captain Jack Sparrow does it again with what is said to be Depp’s last time playing the character. Although we didn’t find the 2017 Pirates of the Caribbean movie (Dead Men Tell No Tales) as good as the previous, Depp still entertains as the best, funniest, luckiest and craziest pirate of all time.
Here is the top 10 list of top grossing actors of 2017.
- Vin Diesel – $1.6 billion (£1.2 billion)
- Dwayne Johnson – $1.5 billion (£1.1 billion)
- Gal Gadot – $1.4 billion (£1.04 billion)
- Emma Watson – $1.3 billion (£969 million)
- Johnny Depp – $1.1 billion (£820 million)
- Daisy Ridley – $1.08 billion (£805 million)
- Tom Holland – $888 million (£662 million)
- Chris Pratt – $864 million (£644 million)
- Chris Hemsworth – $845 million (£630 million)
- John Boyega – $815 million (£608 million)
Did any of these names surprise you?